Gator Bait-A Tennis Team Mystery by Jeanne Meeks has been nominated by New Lenox Library for the Illinois Soon To Be Famous Author Project.
LEARNING TO WALTZ, debut novel by Karen Auriti writing as Kerryn Reid, has been named best Regency fiction in Chanticleer Books’ competition for Women’s Fiction and Romance!
(cover photo is on the GCWA site, or I can send on request)
Jamilla has accepted a role in an Indie Film that will be produced right here in Southwest Florida. Her character in the film, Hanging Millstone, is “Dr. Anderson.” This will be a first for Jamilla and she is very excited!
I have just been informed that I am a Silver Medal winner and perhaps a Gold Medal winner for the FL Authors/ Publishers Association: The category-spirituality and the book title A TASTE OF CHOCOLATE FOR THE SOUL. I will find out August 8th, at the Awards Dinner if I am a Gold Medal winner.
I am humbled and honored by such a recognition.
Dr Carol Kennedy
Lisa Batch’s picture book won the Reader Views Award, 6-8 year olds category, 2014-15.
Judy Loose’s new mystery novel, Mangrove Madness by J.C. Ferguson, is available on Amazon.
Terrie Farley Moran won the Agatha Award for Best First Novel for her traditional cozy mystery, Well Read, Then Dead, the first in the Read ’Em and Eat series published by Berkley Prime Crime.
- Delores Burton will have a book signing and talk about “What is Mathematics and the Common Core?” at the Marco Island Center for the Arts, 1010 Winterberry Drive, Marco Island, FL, March 11, 2014, 5:30 to 7:00PM.
- Lorraine Walker Williams will be celebrating the release of her new book, Split Poems, with a Selected Reading at the Sanibel Library, Wednesday, March 12, 3:00 p.m. [invitation]
- Jeri Magg has sold 3000 books. Ninety-three people attended her presentation at Seven Lakes.
- Cheryl Abney has published a sequel to “Belle of the Glades.”
- Bob McCarthy published an eBook on “Collaborative Blogging.”
- Don Kahrmann published “Haiku.”
- Jane Sweeney published “Caregiver: My Love Story.”
- Laura Nonemaker’s new “Secret Garden” book has been released.
- Jeanne Meeks‘s mystery/adventure for women, RIM to RIM-Death in the Grand Canyon, has been nominated for a Lovey Award for Best First Novel. The nomination entitle her to speak and participate in author panels at the Love is Murder Writer’s Convention in Chicago.
- Mary Guay is speaking on Climate Change at a class at FGCU, Thursday, March 13. She is available to speak locally on Climate Change and actions individuals can take to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Jennifer FitzGerald is offering Business Integration Services like Social Networking classes and tutorials about online marketing.
- Geva Salerno is having a book launch party at The Edison Restaurant on February 26, 6PM, to celebrate her new book Center of Gravity.
- Tom Miller published a new book, Irish Short Stories: The Druids. The cover is by Doug MacGregor.
- The Punta Gorda Herald published a full-page writeup by reporter Al Hemingway about Writers Read on Feb. 15. 2014.
- Lorraine Walker Williams won First Place Poem, Artists Embassy International and did a reading at the Palace of the Legion of Honor. She won Third Place and 1st Honorable Mention in NLAPW Portland Branch in January, 2014. Women’s Voices of the 21st Century published 3 of her poems and National League of American Pen Women Press: Spirit, Peace and Joy Anthology published one poem in December, 3013.
- Read the article about Jeri Magg and her book, Historic Sanibel & Captiva Islands: Tales of Paradise, written by Tim Jacobs in the Santiva Chronicle.
- Nita DeWeese has published her first book, Stories Through Stained Glass.
- Joe Pacheco’s Poem, NRA Sermon on the Mount, was published online at The New Verse News.
- Marco Island Writer Betsy Perdichizzi appeared as Dr. Mary Olds from her book Into the Florida Wilderness, a Journey with Doctors Mary and Louis Olds at the Collier County Museum, Naples, FL, April 2, 2014, 2PM.
- Lorraine Walker Williams’s poem Bird in Flight can be read on bucketoloty.net.
- Carol Kennedy will be speaking at Women of Grace Community Center in North Fort Myers, Saturday May 10, 2014, 10AM.
- Gary McLouth’s poem Starstruck is published on bucketology.net.
- Mary Guay had an interview, March 25, 2014, on WELW Radio from Cleveland about her book Climate Change: Our Children Are in Danger.
- Cyndi Anthony will be the featured author at the Punta Gorda Library on April 22, 2014. She has just published her sixteenth children’s book.
- Joyce (jd) Daniels first novel, Through Pelican Eyes, was published in March by Savvy Press. Her launch party was March 14 at Bert’s Pine Bay Gallery, Matlacha, FL. Join her for a reading at Olde Fishe House Marina in Matlacha, March 24, 2014, 5:30PM.
- Lorraine Walker Williams is writing a column for the Santiva Chronicle called Poetry Place.
- Mary Guay‘s article “Fifty Shades of Green to Save Your Life and the Planet” will be in the April e-newsletter of T. Colin Campbell, PhD.’s Nutritional Studies at Cornell University.
- GCWA’s Tim Jacobs and MIW’s Lisa Wroble appeared on CSPAN’s Book-TV on April 19, 2014, 11:45AM.
- Rev. Benny E. Anthony has published a new book Through the Eyes of a Rooster.
- Meet the author Joe Pacheco at the South County Library in Estero, April 17, 2014, 2PM.
- Tim Jacobs’s article about the small cable hut on Sanibel was published in the Santiva Chronicle.
- Rev. Benny E. Anthony will be the featured author at the Punta Gorda Library, May 27, 2014, 10AM.