New York City’s Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) is currently accepting PLAY SUBMISSIONS for its 18th annual season!
DUAF will accept up to 16 theatrical works (full and short plays, musicals, and solo works) that reflect urban life and with running times up to 70 minutes. Each work is performed only once during the festival. There will be a $1,000 award in the category of Best Play, Best Short, and Audience. There is no submission fee and each playwright will receive a $300-$500 monetary stipend during the festival to defray some of the production costs of presenting their work.
- Playwright’s bio with contact info- name, address, phone #, and email
- Photo of playwright
- Synopsis of theatrical work
- The complete script of theatrical work
- The estimated running time of work
- Actor/director/crew bios, if available
- Description of stage set (if any) and production needs (i.e. sound and lighting)