A critique group can give support and constructive feedback for your writing. It can also keep you writing when you know someone is going to review your work on a certain date. GCWA will try to match you to a group with similar interests. Below is a list of current groups connected with GCWA and some links to online resources.
Interested in joining a new critique or reading group?
Looking for new members for your critique group?
Contact Al York.
GCWA Affiliated Critique Groups
- A critique group for creative non-fiction writing is open for a new member. Next meeting September 11, 2019. email: Hunter Leake email@example.com or Bob McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CC Writers Critique Group in Cape Coral is looking for two or three new members. Contact Patty Westbrook: email@example.com.
- Hurricanes critique group: Genre is fiction and nonfiction—no poetry or script-writing. Meets monthly at the Fairfield Inn and not looking for members at this time.
- Jeannie Greider’s critique group, The Word Clinic, is looking for one or two more serious writers in fiction/suspense/mystery/action adventure. Contact Jeannie Greider – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writers Helping Writers (Writers Read) — Punta Gorda critique and support group
- The GCWA Twentieth Century Classics Reading Group meets the first Monday of February, April, June, August, October and December. Contact Richard Georgian at email@example.com if you are interested in joining.
Links for Critique Groups
A Presentation on Critique Groups by Denise Holbrook and Richard Georgian
Florida Region Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators Critique Groups
The Southwest Florida Branch of National League of American Pen Women would like to invite published writers to consider joining. Contact Lorraine Walker Williams for more details.