Hungry Hill Writing is pleased to announce our 2022
POETS MEET POLITICS INTERNATIONAL OPEN POETRY COMPETITION
We are especially delighted that PHILIP GROSS has agreed to judge for us this year.
We will be awarding: a first prize of €500 / $550
See our website https://hungryhillwriting.com for details of other prizes and how to enter
We invite entries, worldwide, for poems on any theme broadly related to politics.
For more details on the prizes, our judge, entry requirements and other competition details, please click the link above.
The closing date for entries is June 19th 2022.
Please feel free to forward this to anyone who you think may be interested in entering, and we look forward to seeing your work.
Short Story Competition – up to 3000 words. Poetry Competition – up to 40 lines on any theme.
TBC is a non-profit group, all net proceeds going to Schoolreaders, Bedford, to help children ‘catch up’ and CHUMS a charity supporting mental health.
Short story judge, Tim Jarvis. Poetry judge, Jessica Mookherjee.
Prizes: £1000, £200 and £100
All entries go into the main competitions but if you are aged 17 to 25 or are a Bedford resident you qualify for extra prizes as well.
Entry fee: £7.50 or 3 for £15. Students, £5 or 3 for £10.
Closing date: 31 October 2022
GCWA Contest Winners — 2022
Fiction/Children’s Stories (these categories were combined and judged together according to our guidelines, due to the low number of entries in each.
1st — Leah Miller — Terror in December (Children’s Stories)
2nd — Mary Charles — Counterculture ( Fiction)
3rd — Nancy Leake — Susie Spider Looks for a Friend (Children’s Stories)
Entry fee: $20 for up to 3 poems
Prizes: Tom Howard Prize – $3,000 for a poem in any style or genre;
Margaret Reid Prize – $3,000 for a poem that rhymes or has a traditional style.
The two top winners also receive a two-year gift certificate from our co-sponsor, Duotrope. Ten $200 Honorable Mentions in any style. All winning poems published on winningwriters.com.
Line count: Up to 250 lines per poem
Multiple Contests from
Chanticleer Book Reviews
The Clue Awards — Thriller/suspense
Deadline September 30, 2021
The 2021 CIBA Fiction Series Awards! 16 Divisions
Deadline September 30, 2022
The 2021 CIBA Short Stories, Novelettas, and Novellas
Deadline December 31, 2022
Mystery and Mayhem — Cozy and Not-So-Cozy Mystery Book Awards
Deadline April 30, 2022
And many more Chanticleer contests here.
WOW! hosts a (quarterly) writing contest every three months, and has done so since 2006. The mission of this contest is to inspire creativity, great writing, and provide well-rewarded recognition to contestants. The contest is open globally; age is of no matter; and entries must be in English. We are open to all styles and genres of flash fiction, although we do encourage you to take a close look at our guest judge for the season (upper right hand corner) if you are serious about winning. Please make sure you download our Contest Terms & Conditions PDF below for complete guidelines. Get creative, and let’s have some fun! Remember, we only allow for 300 entries, so enter early to ensure your spot. We look forward to reading your work!
That’s right, this is your chance to shine, and get creative. You can write about anything, as long as it’s within the word count and fiction. If you’re feeling inspired, write something new, or dig out those stories you started way back when and tailor them to the word count.
We’re open to any style and genre. So, get creative, and most of all, have fun.
8th year. Your self-published book can win up to $8,000 plus expert marketing services.
Please submit during
February 15-June 30, 2022.
Submit self-published books in one of these categories:
- Mainstream/Literary Fiction
- Genre Fiction (e.g. romance, mystery, thriller, young adult, science fiction, fantasy, historical fiction, etc.)
- Creative Nonfiction & Memoir (definition)
- Children’s Picture Book
- Graphic Novel & Memoir
- Art Book (definition)
- Not currently accepted: books by deceased authors, anthologies with 3+ authors, history, biography, self-help, how-to, reference, cookbooks, education, travel guides, middle-grade books for ages 8-12, political tracts, religious instruction, translations of the work of other people
- One grand prize winner will receive $8,000, a marketing analysis and one-hour phone consultation with Carolyn Howard-Johnson, a $300 credit at BookBaby, and 3 free ads in the Winning Writers newsletter (a $525 value)
- The top winner in each category will receive $1,000, a marketing analysis and one-hour phone consultation with Carolyn Howard-Johnson, a $300 credit at BookBaby, and one free ad in the Winning Writers newsletter (a $175 value)
- One honorable mention in each category will receive $250
- We will publish online excerpts from all entries that win a prize, along with critiques from the judges
- $70 per book
The 2022 GCWA Writing Contest
deadline January 31, 2022.
Stay tuned for winning submissions in April
and watch for next year’s contest.
Adult Contest (18 and older) and Youth Contest (ages 11 through 17).
Guidelines and Documentation Here
Thank you to our Sponsors