FanFictionReview.com is currently calling for submissions of fan fiction short stories. If you or someone you know is interested in submitting a short story, visit their call for submissions page for information about submission requirements, deadlines, and how to submit.
GCWA 2021 Writing Contest Winners
Poetry — Christopher Kozlowski — Silencing the Star of David
Fiction — Samadhi Salazar — The Mother of All Natures
Nonfiction — Nishini Fernando — The Wicked Wall of Water
Submissions for 25 Miles From Here Pure Slush Vol. 21 have now opened.
Submissions will close 30th June 2021.
What are we looking for?
Well … stories, poems and essays that feature someone not wanting to be where they are now, or something that is happening somewhere else but definitely not right here, or a longed for travel destination … or maybe definitely not here, because somewhere else is better … or anything that suggests someone might want to be somewhere else or doing something different.
Pure Slush Submissions for Friendship Lifespan Vol. 3 are NOW OPEN.
Submissions will close 16th June 2021.
Through 2021, 2022 and into 2023, Pure Slush is planning a 12-volume anthology series, looking across the Lifespan.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute works taking characters across the arc of their whole lives, whether prose or poetry, fiction or non-fiction.
Black Lawrence Press May Manuscript Consultations :: Accepting Fiction and Poetry
PayPal $5.00 for GCWA monthly meeting
If you are a GCWA member or affiliate member, meetings are free.
We wanted to reach out to you regarding an exciting new development at Writers Blok Online: a free membership option to our online platform!
On this free server, members can participate in hour-long online writing sprints, hosted by our team of Writing Guides, and gain access to genre-specific chat groups. Given all that’s happening in the world, we think it’s an excellent way for writers like your members to connect AND get writing done.
If you’d like to learn more about this offer, the platform, or how we can work together to support your members, please let us know! You can reply directly to this email to get the conversation started, or click below to create your own free account and explore our platform.
Every Sunday, WKDW 97.5 FM nonprofit radio invites amateur writers, poets, and comedians to perform or read on its program “Writers on the Air.” Organizers are looking for funny or family-friendly content.
Sign up at 2:30 p.m. The show airs live at 3:00 p.m. After the show, a participating visitor who reads may be eligible for a three-minute author interview that is posted on the “Writers on the Air” Facebook page.
The public is invited to:
Common Grounds Meeting Hall
12735 Tamiami Trail
North Port, Florida
next door to WKDW 97.5 FM radio station in the Springs Plaza.
For more information, contact Linda at Lschell2@verizon.net and visit the Writers on the Air page on Facebook.
At the November 2019 GCWA meeting, we asked what workshops people would like to attend. The following are current requests for workshops.
- How to write a Query Letter
- How to beat Writer’s Bock
- MS Word tools, tricks, and formatting
- Fictional character development — adding dialogue, “show” vs. “tell”
- Selling your book — marketing and publicity
- Better Writing
- Revision. Saying more with less. Rewriting your prose. Did you say that already?
- Revision and rewriting your poetry. When in doubt leave it out.
- How to conduct a successful oral presentation. Can you hear me? Yes?
- Marketing one’s self as well as your new book. A Total Plan.
- How to use the new technology on your cell phone, tablet and PC. Is this thing on?
- Creating a good press kit, business cards, book marks, postcards for promotion. Say what?
- Ways to get unstuck when you have writer’s block. Don’t give up yet.
- Memoir Writing Workshop. You don’t have to tell your entire life.
- Prompts for writing poetry. Getting started. Yes, you can write a good poem!”
We will list any workshops scheduled by GCWA here. Also keep checking events, which include workshops from various writers organizations.
Please COMMENT below if you would like to add your suggestions for workshops.
If you are willing to help run a workshop, please include that information in your comment.