The Gulf Coast Writers Association provides a forum for fellowship, education and information among writers in the community. We promote writer welfare and spirit by encouraging members and others to pursue writing for pure joy or for compensation, whichever purpose better gratifies the individual.
Different location for February
Also, different date AND location for March
Do you have News, Announcements, Contests, or Events to share? Click here to add it to our site.
February 20th, 2016
Awards Ceremony & Party!
Amy Shepherd Nance
March 26, 2016
The Future of Storytelling
Meeting: February 20, 2016 10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Location: Alliance for the Arts
10091 Mcgregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33919 [map]
First Time Guests Free
Check your Spam folder
for our News Mag!!!
We have discovered that many of you are not seeing our wonderful new addition to what you receive as a member; our news mag called Word Song.
Gmail and other email providers are now providing, what they call a ‘service’ for you, to ‘filter’ your emails. They separate them into PRIMARY | SOCIAL | PROMOTION.
In order for you to make sure you are not missing out, you will first need to go find one of our messages. You can search for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org or search for “Here’s the Word at GCWA”.
Once you locate one, you can choose to make the email stay in your PRIMARY emails in the settings or by clicking and dragging it to the correct tab. You can also add the email to your contacts list. Once this is done, all emails from us will come to that area.
If you cannot find it, please contact Irene at email@example.com to make sure your address is correct in our system.
Just under 50% of our members are opening our emails. If you are not seeing them… AHHHHH!
YOU ARE MISSING OUT!
Go find them now!
Latest Good News
If there is an ellipsis (…) at the end of a post here, that means there is more to read. To read a complete post, click on the headline. Or, if you want to scroll through ALL of our Good News, Click Here for the good news page.
Good news is for members only. If you would like to join in the fun, visit the Membership Application Page to learn more about joining.
- (August 2015) LEARNING TO WALTZ, debut novel by Karen Auriti writing as Kerryn Reid, has been named best Regency fiction in Chanticleer Books' [...]
- Jamilla has accepted a role in an Indie Film that will be produced right here in Southwest Florida. Her character in the film, Hanging Millstone, [...]
- I have just been informed that I am a Silver Medal winner and perhaps a Gold Medal winner for the FL Authors/ Publishers Association: The [...]
If there is an ellipsis (…) at the end of a post here, that means there is more to read. To read a complete post, click on the headline. Or, if you want to scroll through ALL of Writing Contests we have heard about, Click Here for the writing contest page.
If you are affiliated with a group that is hosting a writing contest, please Click Here for News Upload page.
- Fabula Press (www.fabulapress.com) is a small publishing house catering to the literary fiction market. Twice a year, we run themed and [...]
- Announcing $2000 Fall Fiction Contest with Jeff VanderMeer Plan on taking some time to hone your craft this weekend? Well, let the Masters [...]
- Southwest Florida Romance Writers announces The Joyce Hendervson Contest for novel-length fiction with strong romantic elements Open to [...]
We get a lot of upcoming events sent to us, from all over Florida and even beyond. If there is an ellipsis (…) at the end of a post here, that means there is more to read. To read a complete post, click on the headline.
We highly suggest taking a look at all the events though. You can Click Here for the Events page, and you can go to our calendar above to see those that are posted in our local Lee county and surrounding areas.
If you are affiliated with a group that is hosting an event that is relevant to authors, please Click Here for News Upload page.
- The Writer's Breakfast will be held at 9:00 A.M. on Saturday, February 6th, at the IHOP, 1501 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda. Writers are [...]
- PORT CHARLOTTE FAMILY BOOK FAIR Saturday, February 13 / 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Port Charlotte Family Book Fair is a direct descendant of the [...]
- BIL LEPP - KING OF THE TALL TALE You have a once in a lifetime chance to meet the world’s funniest storyteller. Bil [...]
If there is an ellipsis (…) at the end of a post here, that means there is more to read. To read a complete post, click on the headline. Or, if you want to scroll through ALL of our Announcements, Click Here for the announcements page.
Also, if you would like to make an announcement of your own, click the News Upload page.
- At our January meeting (January 16, 2016), we will be voting on a proposed new Constitution & Bylaws to replace our current twelve year old [...]
- My second book has been published called "KWIZZLES." It's a word game I created that uses trivia, jumbles and quizzes all in one. There are [...]
- Snowbird author Mike Fuller, who spends the cold months in Naples and the rest in frosty Pennsylvania, has released the first in his Sam Deland [...]